Welcome to the online office of the Lake County Tax Collector. This website is representative of our ongoing effort to provide the citizens of Lake County with the best customer service possible.
Please call, write, or come in if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
Each year the Tax Collector undergoes an audit by an external agency. Below are the results of those audits.
Important Dates & Events
Renewal of motor vehicle license plate, which expires midnight of the owner's birthday. Renewals are accepted 90 days prior to birth month. This applies to passenger cars, recreational vehicles, vessels, light trucks under 5,000 lbs., small trailers, and motorcycles.
- List of delinquent real estate accounts advertised once per week for three consecutive weeks in a local newspaper. Pro-rata cost of advertising and expense of tax certificate sale are applied to each delinquent account.
- List of delinquent tangible personal property accounts advertised in a local newspaper one time. Pro-rata cost of advertising, additional interest, attorney fees, and other collection charges of at least 15% are applied to each delinquent account.
- Tax certificate sale for delinquent real estate accounts occurs on or before June 1st.
- Tax warrant processing begins on delinquent tangible personal property accounts.
- First property tax installment payment due on or before June 30th.
- Local Business Tax Receipt renewal notices mailed.
- Late first installments must be received on or before July 31st in order to participate in the installment program. If not received by deadline, participation in the program is cancelled. Discounts are not applicable on late installments, and a statutory 5% penalty applies.
- Local Business Tax Receipt renewals begin July 1st.