Welcome to the online office of the Lake County Tax Collector. This website is representative of our ongoing effort to provide the citizens of Lake County with the best customer service possible.
Please call, write, or come in if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
Each year the Tax Collector undergoes an audit by an external agency. Below are the results of those audits.
Important Dates & Events
Renewal of motor vehicle license plate, which expires midnight of the owner's birthday. Renewals are accepted 90 days prior to birth month. This applies to passenger cars, recreational vehicles, vessels, light trucks under 5,000 lbs., small trailers, and motorcycles.
- Gross amount due on real estate and tangible personal property taxes by March 31st.
- Fourth property tax installment payment due by March 31st.
- On April 1st of each year, taxes become delinquent, resulting in the following additional charges pursuant to Florida Statute 197.172: Real Estate– 3% mandatory interest is added to the gross amount and Tangible Personal Property bears interest at the rate of 18% per year.
- New Local Business Tax Receipts are prorated beginning April 1st; half-year fees apply.
- Application for next year's property tax installment payment plan is due no later than April 30th.
- List of delinquent real estate accounts advertised once per week for three consecutive weeks in a local newspaper. Pro-rata cost of advertising and expense of tax certificate sale are applied to each delinquent account.
- List of delinquent tangible personal property accounts advertised in a local newspaper one time. Pro-rata cost of advertising, additional interest, attorney fees, and other collection charges of at least 15% are applied to each delinquent account.
- Tax certificate sale for delinquent real estate accounts occurs on or before June 1st.