Welcome to the online office of the Lake County Tax Collector. This website is representative of our ongoing effort to provide the citizens of Lake County with the best customer service possible.
Please call, write, or come in if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
Each year the Tax Collector undergoes an audit by an external agency. Below are the results of those audits.
Important Dates & Events
Renewal of motor vehicle license plate, which expires midnight of the owner's birthday. Renewals are accepted 90 days prior to birth month. This applies to passenger cars, recreational vehicles, vessels, light trucks under 5,000 lbs., small trailers, and motorcycles.
- List of delinquent tangible personal property taxes advertised in a local newspaper one time.
- List of delinquent real estate taxes advertised once per week for three consecutive weeks, prior to tax certificate sale, in a local newspaper.
- Tax certificate sale for delinquent real estate taxes occurs on or before June 1st.
- Tax warrant processing begins on delinquent tangible personal property taxes on May 31st.
- First property tax installment payment due on or before June 30th to receive discount.
- Local Business Tax Receipt renewal notices mailed.
- Late first installments must be received on or before July 31st. Discounts are not applicable on late installments, and a statutory 5% penalty applies. If not received by deadline, participation in the program is cancelled.
- Local Business Tax Receipt renewals begin July 1st.