Welcome to the online office of the Lake County Tax Collector. This website is representative of our ongoing effort to provide the citizens of Lake County with the best customer service possible.
Please call, write, or come in if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
Each year the Tax Collector undergoes an audit by an external agency. Below are the results of those audits.
Important Dates & Events
Renewal of motor vehicle license plate, which expires midnight of the owner's birthday. Renewals are accepted 90 days prior to birth month. This applies to passenger cars, recreational vehicles, vessels, light trucks under 5,000 lbs., small trailers, and motorcycles.
- Local Business Tax Receipts become delinquent October 1st, and late fee applies.
- Notice of real estate taxes and non-ad valorem assessments is mailed.
- Notice of tangible personal property taxes is mailed.
- Receive 4% statutory discount on payment of real estate and tangible personal property taxes.
- Decals for mobile homes located on rental property can be renewed.
- Decals for heavy trucks over 5,000 pounds and truck-tractors can be renewed.
- Receive 3% statutory discount on payment of real estate and tangible personal property taxes.
- Third property tax installment payment due on or before December 31st.
- Decals for mobile homes located on rental property must be renewed.
- Decals for heavy trucks over 5,000 pounds and truck-tractors must be renewed.